Valentines Day Truffles
Indulge with some Valentines Day Truffles with a touch of cherry flavor. Make for your special dessert with your Valentine!
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons double cream
- 8 ounces good quality dark chocolate chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of Tasteful Creations Natural Black Cherry flavoring
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from itstasteful.com
In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine butter and cream. Bring to the boil and remove from heat. Stir in 100g chopped chocolate and Black Cherry flavouring; continue stirring until smooth. Pour truffle mixture into a shallow baking dish. Chill until firm, about 2 hours.
Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Shape chilled truffle mixture with a teaspoon or melon baller into small balls. Place on prepared baking tray. Chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
In the top of a double boiler over lightly simmering water, melt remaining 100g chocolate with the oil, stirring until smooth. Cool to lukewarm.
Drop truffles, one at a time, into melted chocolate mixture. Using 2 forks, lift truffles out of the chocolate, allowing any excess chocolate to drip back into the pan before transferring back onto baking tray. Chill until set.
You'll also love
- Nutella Stuffed Peanut Butter... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Rocky Road Fudge 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Bread Stuffing 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Spicy Sangre Blood Orange Margarita 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Chef John's Party Cheese Puffs 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Red Velvet Chex Party Mix 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Creamy Rich Chocolate Caramels... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)