The Deen Bros. Lighter Saucy Catfish
Try this delicious catfish recipe with a special sauce. You'll be very happy you did!
249 Cal; 23 g Protein; 13 g Tot Fat; 3 g Sat Fat; 6 g Mono Fat; 11 g Carb; 1 g Fiber; 8 g Sugar; 27 mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 838 mg Sodium; 68 mg Cholesterol
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon Paula Deen House Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 (5-ounce) catfish fillets
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, optional
Adapted from thedeenbros.com
To make the sauce, whisk together the ketchup, mayonnaise, broth, scallions, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire, mustard, and 1/4 teaspoon House Seasoning in a medium bowl until blended.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the fish with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of House Seasoning. Add the fillets and sauté 3 minutes on each side or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Transfer the fillets to a platter.
Add the sauce mixture to the pan; bring to a gentle simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Spoon the sauce over the fillets. Sprinkle with the parsley and garnish with the lemon wedges if using.
Other firm, white-fleshed fish can be used in place of the catfish. Tilapia, red snapper, cod, or sole are all good choices.