A family favorite and easy to throw together. The prep of these ingredients can be done by hand or in a food processor. Larger cuts/chops will result in a chunkier salsa.
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 small tomatoes, peeled, chopped (2 C). It's ok to leave the peel on if you prefer; this makes the salsa "chunkier".
- 1/2 C finely chopped onion
- 1/2 C finely chopped green pepper
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, seeded, minced
- 1 TBS sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2-1 C chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp oregano, 2 TBS oil
- 1 TBS vinegar
- 6-8 oz tomato juice (can substitute V8 spicy for an amped-up flavor)
- 1/2 tomatillo (optional but it does add a nice "tang" to the salsa)
Prepare and combine all ingredients. Refrigerate until served.