Big Boy Slim Jim Sandwich
Try this big boy slim jim sandwich! Grilled ham and swiss cheese topped with lettuce, pickles! All you need is a bag of classic potato chips to complete your meal.
- SANDWICH SAUCE
- 1 1/4 cup mayo
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon dry minced onion, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 4 teaspoon finely chopped dill pickle
- 2 tablespoon dill pickle juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup Virginia baked ham
- 1/2 cup swiss cheese
- 1 (6 to 8-inch) hoagie or sub-style sandwich roll
- Shredded lettuce
- 4 tomato slices, thin
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium or high heat. Butter the inside of the sandwich roll, both top and bottom, and lightly brown on the griddle. Remove bread from griddle.
On the bottom of the sandwich roll arrange in order ham, cheese, lettuce and tomato. Spread the top of the roll with sandwich sauce and place on top of the assembled sandwich.
Place sandwich on griddle (bottom down) and weight with a heavy metal pan lid. Grill sandwich until the cheese melts.
Cut in half, garnish with dill pickle chips and serve with potato chips or hand-cut French fries.