Cheryl's High Altitude Banana Nut Bread Recipe
This recipe was handed down from my Mother many years ago. I altered it to adjust for the High Altitude I live in (Colorado).
- 1/4 Cup Shortening/butter/margarine (your preference; however, butter gives the best flavor).
- 1 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 egg, beaten (if you want you can use 1/3 C apple sauce instead of an egg)
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 3/4 Cup Mashed Bananas (about 4 large bananas)
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup chopped nuts (optional)
-Cream the shortening/butter/margarine and add the sugar gradually. Cream thoroughly.
-Add the egg and mix well.
-Combine and sift all dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda)
-Combine the water with the mashed bananas
-Add the mixed dry ingredients and the bananas alternately with the creamed butter, sugar and egg mixture. Make sure all the ingredients are well blended with each addition.
-Bake in a lined/oiled/floured bread pan at 375 degrees F for 1 hour.
-Tent with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent over-browning/burning the top.
You'll also love
- Banana Nut Bread 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Best Banana Nut Bread 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Charred Pineapple Relish Cream... 3/5 (5 Votes)
- Cauliflower and Cannellini Bean... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut Pancakes - WW PointsPlus 7 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Oatmeal, Peanut Butter & Banana... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Banana Nut Bread Made With Splenda 0/5 (0 Votes)