Gluten-Free Made Simple
- 2 Medium to large tomatoes
- 1/3 Cup gluten free mayonnaise
- 1/3 Cup gluten-free plain yogurt or dairy sour cream
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp pepper
- 4 Tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 Sprigs fresh basil
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Wash and remove stems from tomatoes. Carefully halve the tomatoes crosswise, keeping the cuts as level as possible. Place on a baking sheet. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, yogurt, salt, and pepper. Carefully spread the mixture over the tomatoes.
3. Sprinkle tomatoes with parmesan cheese and top each with a basil sprig. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn oven to broil and broil about 1 minute or until cheese is bubbly and brown.
*Note-watch tomatoes carefully because the cheese can burn quickly.