Weeknight Lemon Chicken Skillet Dinner
A lemon sauce brightens this cozy winter meal of chicken breast flavored with thyme, baby red potatoes, Cremini mushrooms, and French cut beans.
- 1 1/2 pounds baby red potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided into 1 teaspoon & 2 teaspoons
- 4 (4-ounce) chicken breast halves, skinless, boneless, pounded to 3/4-inch thickness
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 5 teaspoons flour
- 1 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 8 lemon slices, very thin
- 1 (8-ounce) package haricots verts, trimmed (French green beans)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from cookinglight.com
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Place potatoes in a medium saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes or until almost tender. Drain.
Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Sprinkle chicken with kosher salt and pepper. Add chicken and thyme sprigs to pan; cook 5 minutes or until chicken is browned.
Turn chicken over. Place pan in oven; bake at 450°F for 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan.
Return pan to medium-high heat. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Add potatoes, cut sides down; mushrooms, and 1 tablespoon thyme; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring once.
Combine milk and flour in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add flour mixture, stock, lemon, and beans to pan; simmer 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Add chicken; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender.
You'll also love
- Best Homemade Potato Salad 4.5/5 (100 Votes)
- Mary Berry's Lemon Drizzle Cake 4.3/5 (102 Votes)
- Caribbean Jerk Chicken Tenders 4.3/5 (93 Votes)
- Andouille Cajun Potatoes 4.4/5 (51 Votes)
- New Potatoes in White Sauce 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Easy Oven Baked Cheeseburger... 4.3/5 (38 Votes)
- Gus's Fried Chicken 3.9/5 (146 Votes)
- Olive Garden Chicken Vino Bianco 4.1/5 (47 Votes)
- One Skillet Chicken with Lemon... 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
- Green Beans with Shallots, Thyme,... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- New Potatoes in White Sauce 4/5 (85 Votes)
- Chicken Cordon Bleu with Mushroom... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Casserole 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Easy Lemonade Shake Ups 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Best Oven-Fried Chicken 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Chewy Lemon Blueberry Cookies 4/5 (42 Votes)
- Marsala Chicken 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Honey Garlic Grilled Rabbit 4/5 (22 Votes)
- Cubed Steak with Gravy 4/5 (20 Votes)
- Oyster Artichoke Soup New Orleans... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Baked Steak with Onions and... 4.1/5 (25 Votes)
- Christmas Eve Beef Stew 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Chicken Enchiladas (Kraft) 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Paula Deen's Tangy Lemon Meringue... 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Red Lobster's New England Clam... 3.8/5 (9 Votes)