Weeknight Lemon Chicken Skillet Dinner
A lemon sauce brightens this cozy winter meal of chicken breast flavored with thyme, baby red potatoes, Cremini mushrooms, and French cut beans.
- 1 1/2 pounds baby red potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided into 1 teaspoon & 2 teaspoons
- 4 (4-ounce) chicken breast halves, skinless, boneless, pounded to 3/4-inch thickness
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 5 teaspoons flour
- 1 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 8 lemon slices, very thin
- 1 (8-ounce) package haricots verts, trimmed (French green beans)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from cookinglight.com
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Place potatoes in a medium saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes or until almost tender. Drain.
Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Sprinkle chicken with kosher salt and pepper. Add chicken and thyme sprigs to pan; cook 5 minutes or until chicken is browned.
Turn chicken over. Place pan in oven; bake at 450°F for 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan.
Return pan to medium-high heat. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Add potatoes, cut sides down; mushrooms, and 1 tablespoon thyme; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring once.
Combine milk and flour in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add flour mixture, stock, lemon, and beans to pan; simmer 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Add chicken; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender.