Velveeta Cheese Baked Macaroni
This baked mac and cheese is so easy and so satisfying. It makes a great side dish, but it's filling enough to eat on it's own if you prefer.
- 1 (8-ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces Velveeta, cubed
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 small onion, minced, optional
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, optional
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cook macaroni as directed on package and drain.
Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in a heavy saucepan. Blend in flour, stir in milk slowly, and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Add salt, pepper, and cheese, stirring until cheese is melted.
Add macaroni as well as minced onion and bacon if using and transfer to a buttered 1 quart casserole or individual casseroles.
Combine bread crumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle over macaroni.
Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
You'll also love
- No Bake Strawberry Jello Lasagna 3.9/5 (72 Votes)
- Southwest Eggrolls 4.1/5 (51 Votes)
- Cafe' Vienna Coffee Mix - Great... 4.1/5 (39 Votes)
- ONE-POT CHEESY TACO PASTA 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Best Oven-Fried Chicken 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Casserole 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Spaghetti Sauce for Water Bath... 4/5 (30 Votes)
- Bow-Ties with Chicken and Asparagus 4.4/5 (18 Votes)