Better Than Sex Chex Mix
This recipe's title says it all... Better Than Sex Chex Mix! Make sure to make extra, they go really quick and are the perfect gift for family, friends and neighbors.
- 8 cups Chocolate Chex® cereal
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, mini size
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup caramel bits (found by the chocolate chips in the baking aisle, or chop up regular caramels)
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate baking chips (or more if you're a huge chocolate fan)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate baking chips
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from quick-dish.tablespoon.com
Into large microwavable bowl, measure cereal; set aside. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper or foil.
In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave brown sugar, butter and corn syrup uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until melted and smooth.
Stir in baking soda until dissolved. Pour caramel mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Microwave on High 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Spread on cookie sheet. Cool 10 minutes. Break into bite-sized pieces.
Make sure Chex mixture is cool to the touch (so candy doesn't melt.) Evenly sprinkle mini peanut butter cups candy and miniature marshmallows over Chex mixture.
In small microwavable bowl, microwave caramel baking bits and cream uncovered on High about 1 minute or until chips can be stirred smooth. Use a spoon or fork to drizzle over snack. Repeat with milk chocolate baking chips. Repeat again with vanilla (white) baking chips. Quickly sprinkle coarse salt over all while candy drizzles are still wet.
Refrigerate until set. Break apart and store in tightly covered container. Perfect for gift giving!
You'll also love
- Royal BiBingka 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Santa Fe Baked Chicken Recipe 4.1/5 (48 Votes)
- Amaretto Bread Pudding 3.8/5 (55 Votes)
- Spinach & Artichoke Dip Stuffed... 3.9/5 (87 Votes)
- Breakfast Potatoes & Ham Skillet 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Bean Dip 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- 2-Ingredient Chocolate Cake 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Cashews with Sea Salt & Black... 4/5 (16 Votes)