Grilled Balsamic Portobello Mushrooms with Soft Polenta
- 6 Portobello caps, ribs removed, stems removed and reserved
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Marjoram (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely grated)
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tab. salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking Polenta
- 1 tab. honey
- Aged Balsamic vinegar (to serve)
- 1/4 cup parsley (chopped)
- salt and ground black pepper
Remove the Portobello stems and cut them in half lengthwise. Place the caps and stems in the same baking dish.
In a small bowl, mix together vinegar, garlic, half of the margoram, red pepper flakes and olive oil. Pour over mushrooms and marinate for 1 hour.
In a med. saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil and add the honey and salt. Then drizzle in the Polenta in a thin stream, whisking constantly until all the Polenta has been incorporated and the mixture is beginning to thicken. Remove the pan from the heat, switch to a wooden spoon, and continue to stir until the Polenta is a thick as paste. Cover the pan and set it in a warm place.
Meanwhile, preheat grill to med-high heat.
Place marinated Mushrooms on the grill and cook for 4 minutes each each side. Reserve marinade. Remove and set aside until they are cool enough to handle.
Cut the mushrooms into 1/4 inch thick strips. In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, reserved marinade, marjoram and parsley. Toss to combine.
Spoon the polenta onto the center of a platter, or individual plates, arrange the mushrooms in the center. Drizzle with aged Balsamic Vinegar. Serve alongside Aruguala Salad with Apples and Grapes.
You'll also love
- Shrimp and Grits with Andouille... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Beef Tenderloin ~ Filet Mignon... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Honey Peanut Butter Popcorn Balls 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Baked Zucchini Noodles with Cheese... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Fettuccine Alfredo with Spicy... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- CRAB, SHRIMP, AND MUSHROOM DIP 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Eggs - Portobello Mushroom and... 0/5 (0 Votes)