Banana Bread (Bread Machine Recipe)
- 1/2 cup milk (room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 2 cups all purpose bread flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1) Measure all ingredients (except chopped walnuts) into baking pan. Liquid ingredients first, then dry ingredients. Insert pan into the oven chamber and select CAKE CYCLE and DARK CRUST.
2) Halfway through mixing time, using a rubber spatula, scrape down sides of baking pan and the kneading blade.
3) Add chopped walnuts when machine beeps.
4) When signal sounds indicating the end of cycle, leave pan in the oven chamber for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, with the machine turned off. Test for doneness with a skewer by inserting into the centre of the bread. If it comes out clean, the bread is fully baked.
5) Set baking pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Turn bread out and set aside to cool completely. Bread slices better when fully cooled.