Turf Club Corn Bread Stuffing
- 1 pound bacon cut 1/4" pieces
- 1 cup butter - (2 sticks)
- 1 large onion diced
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- Kernels from 2 ears corn
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups finely-chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 pounds corn bread loaf cut 1" squares
- 1/2 pound corn bread stuffing mix
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Coarse salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Cook bacon in Dutch oven over low heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain fat. Add butter and heat until melted. Add onion and celery and saute about 10 minutes over low heat. Add corn and saute 5 minutes. Add poultry seasoning and parsley and cook 2 minutes. Add corn bread and stuffing mix.
Turn off heat. Gradually add chicken broth, adjusting amount to desired consistency. Mixture should be moist, but not wet. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately, or allow to cool before stuffing meat or poultry and re-cooking.
This recipe yields 12 servings.
Each serving: 528 calories; 1,383 mg sodium; 61 mg cholesterol; 34 grams fat; 47 grams carbohydrates; 12 grams protein; 2.46 grams fiber.