Maggiano's New York Style Cheesecake
Creamy, smooth and delicious! This cheesecake recipe is a keeper.
- 12 ladyfingers (Savoiardi, available at Italian markets) OR 7 graham crackers
- 1/2 stick (4-tablespoons) butter, melted
- 3 (8-ounce each) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (Polly-O brand preferred)
- 2 cups Dairy Brand sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs (should measure 1/2 cup)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
In a food processor, combine broken up ladyfingers with butter and process until mixture is in fine crumbs. Press onto bottom only of a 9-inch springform pan (3 inches high). Wrap a double thickness of foil around bottom and all the way up sides of outside of the pan.
In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, ricotta cheese, sour cream, vanilla and lemon juice about 6 to 7 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Beat in sugar and continue beating 3 to 4 minutes, until very smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour mixture into crust-lined pan.
Bake: Put springform pan into a larger baking pan and carefully add hot water to come 1/3 way up side of springform pan (best to do this on oven rack).
Bake in preheated 250°F oven 4 to 4 1/2 hours, or until set and knife inserted near center comes out clean. (Top should be pale golden, if at all).
Remove springform pan from larger baking pan and cool to room temperature. While cake is still warm, run tip of a sharp knife gently around sides to loosen cake from pan. Refrigerate until cold, at least 3 hours or longer.
Carefully remove springform side of pan. Cut cheesecake into slices with a sharp knife dipped into hot water and wiped dry. Serve cold with whipped cream and fresh strawberries and strawberry sauce, if desired.
You'll also love
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (805 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (672 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (397 Votes)
- Christmas Pecan Balls 4.6/5 (311 Votes)
- Apple Crisp Cheesecake 4.4/5 (151 Votes)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Salad 4.5/5 (126 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Bottom... 4.5/5 (125 Votes)