Cajun Shrimp Stir-Fry
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 2 green peppers, seeded , inner ribs removed and cut into strips
- 2 red peppers, seeded , inner ribs removed, and cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine (have a glass while cooking if you need to unwhine)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- hot sauce
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
1. Toss shrimp with Cajun spice seasoning and set aside.
2.Heat 1 tsp oil in large skillet and saute' peppers for 6 minutes over medium-high heat.
3.Turn heat down and add minced garlic, stirring constantly so that garlic doesn't burn.
4.Remove peppers and garlic from pan, wipe pan out with paper towel.
5.Return pan to medium-high heat, and heat remaining tsp of oil.
6.Add shrimp and cook approximately 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
7.Add wine (don't forget about yours) and lemon juice, peppers and garlic, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
8.Season with hot sauce; serve each portion over 1/2 cup cooked brown rice.