Simple Whole Roast Chicken
This roasted chicken may be simple to make, but there is nothing simple about the sophisticated blend of spices that give this dish a unique flavor.
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. white sugar
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 (4-pound) whole chicken
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
1. In a bowl, mix salt, sugar, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Rub chicken with mixture. Cover chicken and place in refrigerator for 24 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 500 dF.
3. Stuff chicken cavity with garlic. Place chicken, breast side down, on a rack in a roasting pan.
4. Roast 15 minutes in preheated oven. Reduce heat to 450 dF and continue roasting 15 minutes. Baste chicken with pan drippings, reduce heat to 425 dF, and continue roasting 30 minutes, to an internal temperature of 180 dF. Let stand 20 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Starbuck’s Lemon Loaf Cake 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Salted Caramel Apple Pie with... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Crustless Vegetable Quiche 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Scalloped Potatoes... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Avocado Bacon Omelets 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Scott's Coast-to-Coast Famous... 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- CRISPY BAKED ASIAN CHICKEN WINGS 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Hawaiian Style Huli Huli Chicken 4.4/5 (21 Votes)