Vegetable Bean Soup -
easy and quick
- 6 oz bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 2 small zucchini diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 1 (14 oz) can tomatoes, chopped
- 2 (15 oz) cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 32 oz of reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 6 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Place bacon in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook bacon 5 minutes or until almost crisp.
Dice onion, celery and carrots and add to pot and cook 5 minutes.
Dice zucchini and garlic clove, add to pot and cook 3 minutes.
Add can of tomatoes and drain and rinse the beans. Add to pot along with the Broth, salt and pepper (to taste).
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
Chop the spinach and add to the pot and stir. Cook spinach 2 minutes.
Ladle soup into bowls and top with grated cheese.