Beef Nacho Casserole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 pound pre-sliced sweet red peppers (about 1/2-inch-wide strips )
- 1/4 pound pre-sliced sweet yellow peppers (about 1/2-inch-wide strips)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tubes (10 ounces each) refrigerated pizza dough
- 3 cups shredded taco-cheese blend
- 1 jar (16 ounces) medium-hot salsa
- 1 can (2.2 ounces) sliced black olives, drained (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 large scallions, trimmed and sliced
Preparation time 10mins
Adapted from recipe.com
Heat oven to 375 degrees . Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers, ground beef and garlic salt; cook, stirring to break up clumps of beef, until the peppers are soft and beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess fat from skillet.
Remove pizza dough from tubes. Cut the dough crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide slices, then cut each slice into quarters.
In large bowl, toss together dough pieces and salsa. Add cooked meat mixture, 2 cups of the taco-cheese blend and olives. Scrape mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup taco-cheese blend over the top.
Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Sprinkle scallions evenly over the top. Bake an additional 5 minutes.