Cheesy Smoked Sausage & Potato Casserole Recipe
- 3 cups Idaho potatoes, peeled, boiled and cut into cubes when cool, approx. 1 lb
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 lb Velveeta cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb skinless smoked sausage (Eckrich is my favorite brand)
- 1/8 tsp paprika
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Cut sausage in half, lengthwise and then chop into ½ inch half moon cuts. Cook in a saute pan for about 15 minutes turning frequently, until slightly brown.
Meanwhile, put cooked and diced potatoes in 2 quart casserole. Add cooked meat and give it a gentle toss.
Mix all remaining ingredients (except shredded cheese and paprika) in a saucepan over medium heat until warm, melted and smooth. Use a whisk and stir constantly.
Pour white cheese sauce over potatoes and meat. Sprinkle shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top and then sprinkle paprika evenly over the top.
Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 35-45 minutes, until golden brown on top.
Note: you can substitute ham for sausage
You'll also love
- Coconut and Passionfruit Slice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry Delight Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- caramelized onion cheddar quick... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Rendang (Rendang Daging 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Artichoke and Fava Bean Tagine 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sandwich - Deli-Style Roast Beef... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- SWISS CHEESE SCALLOPED POTATOES 0/5 (0 Votes)
- PORCHETTA STYLE SAUSAGE 0/5 (0 Votes)