Beef Enchiladas with Sour Cream Sauce
These are slightly spicy, beef filled tortilla shells baked in a creamy chicken soup and cheese sauce. Great served with rice and a salad.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, diced, or to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/4 ounce package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup, 10.75 ounces
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 corn tortillas, approximately 6" in diameter
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 55mins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef, green onion, and jalapeno pepper until the beef is evenly brown. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Simmer until water has evaporated.
In a medium bowl, mix together sour cream, condensed soup, and cheese.
Divide the meat mixture evenly between tortillas. Place a couple of tablespoons of cheese mixture over meat, and roll up. Place in a 7x11 inch baking dish. Repeat for each tortilla. Spoon remaining cheese mixture over the top of the tortillas.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes.