Roast Pumpkin and Herb Risotto
- 1 kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cups Campbell's Real Stock Chicken Salt Reduced
- 2 cups water
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 1/2 cups Arborio Risotto Rice
- 3/4 cup finely grated parmesan
- 30 g butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup chopped continental parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
Preparation time 30mins
Preheat oven to 220°C. Toss pumpkin with half the oil and spread over base of a greased roasting pan. Roast for 30 minutes or until tender.
Bring stock and water to the boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to a simmer.
Heat remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic for 7 minutes or until softened. Add rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Add stock, 1 ladleful at a time, and stir with a wooden spoon until absorbed. Continue adding stock until rice is tender, but still firm to the bite (this will take about 20 to 25 minutes).
Stir in parmesan, butter, parsley and chives. Gently stir in the pumpkin. Reserve 2 2/3 cups of risotto (for Pumpkin and Fetta Risotto Cakes - see related recipe). Serve remaining risotto immediately.