Red Chile Turkey Breast With Succotash Salsa
- 1 turkey breast - (4 to 5 lbs) fresh or frozen
- Succotash Salsa (see recipe)
- 2 tablespoons freshly-ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon ground fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon pureed canned chipotles
- 2 tablespoons ancho chile powder
Whisk together all marinade ingredients in a large non-reactive bowl. Prick turkey breast with a fork and add to the marinade, turn to coat completely. Refrigerate covered, for at least 4 hours.
Preheat grill and grill the breast for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until golden brown and cooked through.
This recipe yields 4 servings.