Soup, Baked Potato Soup - Fix It & Forget It Cookbook
Fix-It and Forget-It, Feasting with your Slow Cooker Cookbook
- 4 large baked potatoes
- 2/3 C butter
- 2/3 C flour
- 6 C milk, whole or 2%
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 12 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 C (8 oz) sor cream
1. Cut potatoes in half. Scoop out pulp and put in small bowl.
2. Melt butter in large kettle. Add flour. Gradually stir in milk. Continue to stir until smooth, thickened and bubbly.
3. Stir in potato pulp, salt, pepper, and three-quarters of the onions, bacon and cheese. Cook until heated. Stir in sour cream.
4. Transfer to slow cooker set on Low. Top with reamining onions, bacon and cheese. Take to a potluck or serve on a buffet table, straight from the slow cooker.
Variation: Add several slices of Velveeta cheese to make soup extra cheesy and creamy.