Fresh Tomato Salsa
14 servings. Makes 3 1/2 c.
- 3 lg tomatoes, seeded & chopped (3 c)
- 4 med green onions, sliced (1/4 c)
- 1 sm green pepper, chopped (1/2 c)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2-3 jalapeño peppers, seeded & finely chopped (1 T or more to taste)
- 3 T chopped fresh cilantro
- 2-3 T lime juice (or 2 T lemon & 1 T lime)
- 1/2 t salt
- Fresh ground pepper
In lg glass or plastic bowl, mix all ingredients. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hr before serving to blend flavors.
Serve with tortilla chips. Also great to top grilled chicken or pork or in an omelet.