Stuffed Oi Kimchi (Cucumber Kimchi)
- For the Stuffing:
- 6 Kirby cucumbers
- 1 tbsp coarse salt
- 2 oz Chinese chives, finely chopped
- 2 oz Korean radish, finely chooped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp salted shrimp, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp red pepper powder
- 1 tsp finely minced ginger
- 6 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp sugar
Adapted from rotinrice.com
Rinse cucumbers and drain. Cut off the both ends of cucumber. Halve cucumber lengthwise into two. Quarter each cucumber half along its length starting from the center of the cucumber leaving about ½ inch of the other end intact.
Sprinkle with coarse salt and leave at room temperature for about two hours. Drain.
Mix all stuffing ingredients in a medium bowl.
Wearing a pair of kitchen gloves, stuff prepared cucumbers with stuffing.
Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
Oi kimchi can be eaten right away or kept in the refrigerator for up to one week.