Garlic/Cheese Pull Apart Bread
- 1 crusty loaf, preferably sourdough or Vienna
- 3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese (or other melting cheese)
- Garlic Butter
- 100 g/3.5oz unsalted butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Melt butter and then mix in other Garlic Butter ingredients.
Cut the bread on a diagonal into 2cm/1" diamonds but do not cut all the way through the bread (just like you would cut a french stick for garlic bread).
Use your fingers or a knife to pry open each crack and drizzle in a teaspoon of butter and stuff in a pinch of cheese. This might sound like a bit of an effort, but I promise you it is worth it! You don't need to be super neat, it's nice to have some of the butter drizzled over the crust.
Wrap with foil and bake for 15minutes until the cheese has mostly melted, then unwrap and bake for 5 minutes more to make the bread nice and crusty.
1. To make ahead, after wrapping with foil, wrap with cling wrap as well. Store in fridge overnight or freeze to store for longer. To cook, thaw then follow recipe instructions to bake.
2. The denser the bread, the better the pieces will hold together when pulled off.