Chicken Fried Steak Fingers
And a tasty Creole Mustard sauce to dip them in!
- Creole Mustard Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Creole mustard (or you can use any whole grain mustard)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Steak Fingers
- 1 1/2 pounds cube steak
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 sleeve Saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable oil
Adapted from spicysouthernkitchen.com
1.Make Creole mustard sauce. In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients. Refrigerate until needed.
2.Cut cube steak into 1-inch fingers, Season lightly with salt and pepper.
3.Place ½ cup flour on a plate.
4.Whisk together eggs, milk, and Worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl.
5.On another plate, combine ½ cup flour, saltine crumbs, Cajun seasoning and pepper.
6.Pour about 2 inches of Vegetable oil in a Dutch oven and heat to 375 degrees.
7.Dredge steak pieces in flour, shaking off excess.
8.Dip in egg mixture and then coat with flour/saltine mixture.
9.Fry steak fingers, working in 2 batches, until brown on both sides and cooked through (about 6-8 minutes).
10.Place on wire rack to drain.
You'll also love
- Kasbah Chicken Kabobs 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Homemade Beef Jerky 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Chicken Parmesan Wraps 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Traditional Southern Fried Chicken 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Grilled Fried Chicken Panini 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Sharp Cheddar Chili Cheese Crackers 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Homemade Wheat Crackers 4.5/5 (15 Votes)