Slider Patties with Pomegranate Molasses
Here's an easy take on sliders that uses pomegranate molasses as a secret ingredient. It's available in Middle Eastern grocery stores and at large, well-stocked supermarkets. It is inexpensive and keeps well and for a long time at room temperature. I usually serve these slider patties with rice or bread, a salad, and one or two vegetable sides.
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pound lean ground lamb
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cooking spray
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from my.recipes.com
1. Combine 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses, mint, and the next 7 ingredients (through garlic); stir to combine. Divide mixture into 16 equal portions; gently shape each into a 1/4-inch-thick patty.
2. Heat a grill pan over high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Place patties on a platter; lightly brush patties with remaining 1 tablespoon molasses.