Chocolate Raspberry Molten Cake
No flour. Cook no longer than specified, regardless of whether it's cooked in individual ramekins are in a tart pan.
If cooked as one cake, freeze before serving. Slice cold and reheat very briefly in microwave before serving.
- 7 large eggs
- 18 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 9 oz. unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
1. In a bowl filled with warm water, place eggs in their shells to warm, this makes them
whip higher and fuller.
2. Preheat over to 425 degrees. Have a 10-inch piece of foil handy.
3. While eggs are warming, on top of a double boiler with simmering water in the bottom
cavity, place the chopped chocolate and butter and butter. Stir occasionally until smooth
and fully melted. Take off the water and set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl place all the eggs and whip with the whip attachment, until
tripled in volume, about 5 minutes.
5. With a plastic spatula, fold 1/2 of the the eggs into the chocolate mixture until
almost incorporated. Fold the remaining eggs until there are not any more streaks left.
Fold the berries into the batter.
6. Pour into small ramekins that are sitting in water.
7. Place in the pre-heated oven in the center. Bake for 5 minutes only. Place the foil on
top of the cake very loosely, like a tent, and bake 10 additional minutes. Pull foil off cake and serve with sweetened whipped cream or ice cream.