ROASTED POTATO MEDLEY
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes
- 8 new potatoes
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried tarragon
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425. Peel and cube the sweet potatoes and the Yukon potatoes. Scrub the new potatoes and cut into cubes.
2. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan. Add enough lightly salted water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook to potatoes for 3 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
3. Spread the potatoes in a single layer on a large nonstick baking sheet.
4. Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with tarragon, salt and pepper. Roast the potatoes until browned and crisp, about 25 minutes. Serve immediately.
This dish is the perfect complement to roast chicken or pork. Serve with a Caesar salad to round out the meal.
• For extra flavor, cook 4 whole leeks in boiling water for 7-10 minutes until just tender. Drain and chop; add in Step 2.
• Instead of the tarragon, you can use 1 teaspoon each dried thyme and dried rosemary.