Crock Pot Pulled Pork
- Pork shoulder - 6 pounds, bone in or not
- Pork dry rub - 1 cup, recipe below
- Sam Adams Winter Lager - 12 ounces, seasonal (you can use regular lager)
- Favorite BBQ sauce( I mix equal parts sweet BBQsauce w/ a spicy buffalo wing sauce)
- Southern Barbecue Dry Rub
- Sweet smoked paprika - 1/4 cup (pimento de la vera)
- Chili powder - 2 tablespoons
- Cayenne pepper - 1 tablespoon
- Ground cumin - 1 tablespoon
- Salt -2 tablespoons
- Ground pepper - 2 tablespoons
- Brown sugar - 2 tablespoons
1. Generously rub the Dry Rub all over the pork roast.
2. Let the meat sit in the fridge, wrapped tightly in plastic, over night or at least 8 hours.
3. Once you're ready, make a ring of tin foil.(Take a large piece of foil and roll up like a snake-join the ends together) Put in crock pot.
4. Pour Sam Adams in crock pot.
5. Put the pork roast on the foil ring.
6. Cook on Low until very tender, 9-10 hours (this is bone in time, non bone or smaller roasts may not take as long, cook to internal temp of 185 degrees)
7. Remove the roast to a platter and cover with foil to keep warm and let the liquid in the pot settle so you can remove the fat.
8.Return liquid to crock pot and add shredded meat.
9. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Place on buns and top w/ BBQ sauce.