Tender Pork and Green Chili Slow Cooker Stew
Chunks of lean pork, slow cooked in the crock pot with potatoes, green chiles and jalapeno for a delicious weeknight meal with a little bit of heat!
Serve this with tortillas, or over brown rice with a little light sour cream and a slice of avocado if you wish and you'll have a delicious meal.
- 2 pounds boneless pork sirloin or shoulder roast
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 medium chopped onions
- 14 ounces of chicken broth
- 1.5 lb of tiny new potatoes quartered
- 3 Poblano chile peppers chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped
- 1 10 ounce bag of frozen corn
- 3 medium zucchini halved and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 cup cilantro
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 420mins
Trim fat from pork. Cut pork into 1/2-inch cubes. In a large skillet brown half of the pork in hot oil. Transfer meat to a 3-1/2- to 4-1/2-quart slow cooker. Brown remaining meat with onion. Drain off the fat and transfer meat and onion to the slow cooker.
2. Add broth, potatoes, corn, chile peppers,, garlic, salt, black pepper, , and oregano. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours. Add zucchini in last 20 minutes Garnish with snipped cilantro, if desired. Makes 5 or 6 servings.