Filipino Turon - Fried Banana Egg Rolls
Fried Banana Egg Rolls - need I say more? Serve them hot, top with some vanilla ice cream, and maybe some hot fudge, too?
Rate this recipe 4.1/5 (131 Votes)
- 2 bananas, each banana sliced into 8 pieces
- 16 egg roll wrappers, I use spring roll or gluten-free egg roll wrapper for gluten-free version
- 2 to 3 cups coconut oil, enough to cover bananas, use canola oil as a substitute
- Sugar, to taste
- Water, for sealing
Adapted from wishfulchef.com
Slice each banana in half, then cut each piece into quarters.
Lay out one egg roll wrapper on a clean surface. Place a banana piece on wrapper near bottom edge and sprinkle about a teaspoon of sugar on top. Roll sugared banana in wrapper once, then turn in edges and keep rolling. Seal the opposite edge with water.
Deep fry at 350°F until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.
You'll also love
- Gluten Free, Grain Free Cheesy... 4.5/5 (85 Votes)
- Vanilla Bean Cupcakes with... 4.4/5 (85 Votes)
- Orange Cream Fudge 4.4/5 (86 Votes)
- Southern Living 'Cream Cheese... 4.5/5 (80 Votes)
Review this recipe