This is not be confused with Chevre Cheese, which is a cheese made from goat's milk. This is a cream cheese spread that I remember my mother making for as long as I can remember. Where Mutti got the recipe remains a mystery, but I think it comes from her German roots.
This was always on our Christmas Eve dinner table. Our family still loves it, and her grandkids specifically reqests it when we gather together for holiday dinners.
To see how I make this, please visit my food blog at:
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika (I used Hungarian Sweet)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Blend the cream cheese, butter, paprika and salt together and taste. Adjust to add more paprika, but you don't want it to overpower the mixture.
Grate about 1 tablespoon of onion and add, then add the chives.
Line a small bowl with plastic wrap and press the mixture in, smoothing the top.
Refrigerate for at least an hour, so the flavors can marry.
Release onto a serving plate and serve with an assortment of crackers or slices of dark bread.
It will disappear fast!
You'll also love
- French Country Chicken Stew 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Tagliarelle with Truffle Butter 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Olive, Herb, & Parmesan Sticks 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Fiery Sweet Peach Salsa 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Hummus in the Blender - WFPB - NAF 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Chile-Pimiento Cheese 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Lasagna Dip 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Bacon, Spinach, Swiss, &... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)