Spinach Salad With Japanese Ginger Dressing
This spinach salad tossed with spunky ginger dressing was inspired by the iceberg salads served at Japanese steakhouses across the U.S. Add shrimp for lunch or a light supper.
- 3 tablespoons onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons peanut, or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 medium red bell pepper, very thinly sliced
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from webmd.com
1. Combine onion, oil, vinegar, ginger, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender. Process until combined.
2. Toss spinach, carrot and bell pepper with the dressing in a large bowl until evenly coated.