Cauliflower Kung Pao
- For the sauce:
- 1 large cauliflower head, cut into small floret pieces
- 1 red organic pepper, diced
- 1 yellow organic pepper, diced
- 1 orange organic pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 scallion, cut 2” in lengths
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1 tsp pepper flakes, optional
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb rice noodles (any other type of noodles will work)
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 4 tbsp soy sauce, gluten free
- 2 tbsp unrefined sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tsp arrowroot powder, or cornstarch
Adapted from eatgood4life.com
Cook noodles according to package instructions. Mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
In a large non-stick skillet, over medium heat, place the olive oil over medium to high heat. Add the cauliflower, and cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes until the cauliflower as cooked a bit. It will not be cooked throughly, as you will add it later on with the other veggies. Take the cauliflower out into a large plate and set aside.
Add the diced peppers to the skillet. Cook for 3 minutes. Add the cauliflower back to the skillet and cook with the peppers stirring occasionally for another 5 minutes until the veggies are almost cooked through but not mushy. Add the garlic, ginger and cashews and cook further for 2 minutes. At this point add the sauce to the skillet and cook for 1 minute over high heat or until thickened. Add the spring onions and serve over the noodles while still warm.