TACO-BEEF-ROASTED SHORT RIB
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 4 pounds short ribs, bone-in
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 cup Mexican beer, such as Corona
Combine the chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, pepper and salt in a small bowl. Rub into the short ribs and let sit in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour.
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
Place the ribs bone side down, being sure not to crowd them, and roast for 20 minutes.
Remove ribs from oven and pour lime juice and beer over them.
Lower the oven temperature to 275 degrees and continue baking for 2.5 hours.
When the ribs are done cooking, remove the bones and chop the meat.
Assemble the tacos with meat, sauted peppers, a drizzle of chimichurri sauce, and top with queso fresco.