Greek Lamb and Artichoke Skewers with Parsley Sauce
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Grated zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 lbs boneless leg of lamb, trimmed of any excess fat and sinew, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 12oz bag frozen quartered artichoke hearts, thawed
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground whole black pepper
- 2 Tbsp whole fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (optional)
- Cooked rice (optional)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 98mins
In a large bowl, whisk the marinade ingredients. Add the lamb and artichoke hearts and turn to coat thoroughly. Cover and let marinate at room temperature for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Prepare the grill for direct cooking over med heat.
In a small bowl whisk the sauce ingredients until smooth and emulsified. Set aside at room temperature until ready to serve.
Thread the lamb and artichokes onto skewers, beginning and ending with an artichoke piece and with at least two pieces of lamb together wherever possible (this will keep the meat juicy). Discard the marinade.
Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the skewers over direct medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until well marked and medium rare, 6 to 8 minutes, turning once. Transfer the skewers to a platter and drizzle with the sauce. Top with the whole parsley leaves and serve immediately with lemon wedges and rice, if desired.
You'll also love
- Mexican stuffed mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Ziti 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Honey-Balsamic Chicken Breast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry Champagne Punch 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Shallot Yogurt Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Potatoes & Onions 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker - Beef Barley Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Thin Spaghetti with raw artichokes 0/5 (0 Votes)