Mexican Pork and Beans Casserole
Taco seasoning mix, enchilada sauce and tortillas take pork and beans on a trip south of the border.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 can (15 to 16-ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 envelope (1-ounces) Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (10-ounces) Old El Paso® enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 corn tortillas (6 inch), cut in half, then cut crosswise into 1-inch strips (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers (4-ounces)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (3/4-cup), if desired
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
Heat oven to 375°F. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook pork over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; drain.
In ungreased 2-quart casserole, stir pork, beans, taco seasoning mix, enchilada sauce, water and tortilla strips until well mixed.
Cover and bake about 40 minutes or until heated through. Stir casserole; sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered 5 to 8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top with tomato.