Eggplant Parmesan Casserole
Nutrition Info: Each serving (4 oz) contains 120 calories, 8 g carbohydrate, (2 g fiber), 6 g protein, 8 g fat, (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, and 320 mg sodium.
- 1 jar (24 oz) Italian Classics Grandma's Pomodoro Sauce, divided
- 2 medium (about 3/4 lb each) eggplants, trimmed, sliced in 1/2-inch rounds
- 3 Tbsp Italian Classics Toscano Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Italian Classics Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup Italian Classics Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (Cheese Shop), divided
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt to taste
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 pkg (8 oz) Wegmans Shredded Whole Milk Mozzarella Cheese (Dairy Dept)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 70mins
You'll Need:Wegmans Small Open Roaster (9 3/4 x 14 1/16 x 3 3/4 -inch), cooking spray, foil
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
1.Spray bottom and sides of pan with cooking spray; spread bottom of pan with 1 1/2 cups of sauce. Top with overlapping layer of eggplant slices; drizzle with olive oil. Add even layer of bread crumbs; sprinkle with half the grated cheese. Season to taste with seasoned salt and cracked black pepper. Top with remaining sauce and remaining grated cheese.
2.Bake, covered, 40 min or until eggplant is tender. Remove from oven; top with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven, uncovered, 2-3 min, until cheese melts. Let rest 15 min before serving.
Finish with a drizzle of olive oil on top, if desired.