Glazed Mushrooms And Onions
- 1 pound small white onions
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 pound fresh small white mushrooms trimmed
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add the onions and cook for 30 seconds. Pour the onions into a colander and cool under running water. Drain well. With a small sharp knife, trim off a thin layer from the root end of each onion and slip off the skin.
In a large skillet with a tight-fitting cover over medium heat, melt butter. Add the onions, mushrooms, rosemary, salt and pepper. Toss gently to coat the vegetables with the butter. Cover and reduce to low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the juices have evaportated and the vegetables are glazed, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve hot.
This recipe yields 6 servings.