Thai Mushroom-Chicken Coconut Soup
- 1 can chicken broth - (14 oz)
- 1 can coconut milk - (13 1/2 oz)
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped fresh ginger
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms sliced (6 cups)
- 1 cup bite-size cooked chicken pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper cut thin strip
- 3 scallions (green onions) cut thin strips
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt or soy sauce to taste
In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, bring broth, coconut milk, ginger and pepper flakes to a boil. Stir in mushrooms, chicken, bell pepper and scallions; return to a boil. Stir in lime juice and salt to taste. Garnish with lime wedges and chopped fresh cilantro if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.