Portuguese Sausage and MacNut BAO
Take a traditional Char Sui BAO and put a Portuguese macadamia nut spin on it.
- 2 7.5 oz tubes buttermilk biscuits (20 pieces)
- 1 cup Rego's Purity Portuguese Sausage (mild)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tbsp diced macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup diced Jicama (chop suey yam)*
- 1/4 tsp sugar* * mix these
- 1 tsp shoyu* ingredients together
- 1 tbsp minced green onion
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
Remove casing (skin) from 7oz sausage. Slice into pieces. Saute on medium high heat until lightly brown. Drain sausage on a paper towel, then mince. Combine all ingredients (except for the sesame seeds), blend well, then heat in a medium saucepan. While mixture is cooling, cut ten 3" wax paper squares. Oil hands lightly. Flatter two biscuits together to form one large biscuit (approx. 4 ½" in diameter). Place 1 tbsp of the filling into center of the biscuit. Gather edges of the dough forming pleats on top (dough should be gathered with an “up and in" motion). Twist dough at the top. Set the twisted end of the bun on wax paper square. Place in steamer. Sprinkle black sesame seeds on top of bun. Steam for 12 minutes. Yields 10 buns.