Roast Chicken Salad with Peaches, Goat Cheese, and Pecans
Fresh peaches and goat cheese headline this simple no cook salad recipe. The 8-ingredient vinaigrette, made with pantry staples, takes minutes to make and is a delicious compliment to the other ingredients in the salad. Use a store-bought rotisserie chicken to save time in the kitchen. Serve with herbed bread.
serving size: about 1 3/4 cups salad and 1 1/2 teaspoons cheese
- 2 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 2 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 (5-ounce) package gourmet salad greens
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
1. Combine first 8 ingredients; stir with a whisk.
2. Combine chicken and remaining ingredients except cheese in a large bowl. Add vinegar mixture; toss gently. Sprinkle with cheese.
Herbed bread: Unroll the dough from a (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust. Fold dough in half; pat into a 9-inch square. Let rest 15 minutes. Brush dough with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil. Sprinkle evenly with 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Bake at 350° for 11 minutes or until golden.