Southwestern Beer-Batter Fish with Green Chile Tartar Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons (from 4.5-oz can) Old El Paso® chopped green chiles, drained
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- Vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 1 lb tilapia fillets, about 1/2 inch thick, cut into 4 serving pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup regular or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 egg
- 1 small lemon, cut into quarters
1. In small bowl, mix sauce ingredients. Refrigerate until serving.
2. In 10-inch skillet or deep fryer, heat oil (1 1/2 inches) to 350°F. In shallow dish, place 1/4 cup of the Bisquick mix. Lightly coat fish with Bisquick mix.
3. In medium bowl, beat remaining 1 cup Bisquick mix, the chili powder, salt, beer and egg with wire whisk until smooth. Dip fish into batter, letting excess drip into dish.
4. Fry fish in oil 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown; drain on paper towels. Serve with sauce and lemon quarters.