Simple Fresh Tomato and Bread Stuffing
- 3 big tomatoes – diced
- 1 medium size Spanish onion – sliced
- 3-4 cloves garlic – chopped
- 3 stalks celery – chopped
- 6-8 cups left over bread - ripped
- 1 cup chicken broth or stock from boiling the giblets and neck
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese or Romano cheese
- 1 tsp. Lo Salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Bell’s Seasoning
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
Heat a large cast iron frying pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the celery, garlic, tomato and onion and sauté until the onion is slightly transparent and the garlic is fragrant.
Add the bread and another drizzle of olive oil over the bread and toss with the sautéed onions, tomato and garlic. Sauté until the bread is slightly golden on low heat. Add the broth a little at a time, while sautéing. Add the seasonings.
When the bread has absorbed the broth, add the cheese and toss. Flatten the top with a spatula and grate more cheese over the top with a tiny drizzle of olive oil.
Preheat Oven 325:
Bake the stuffing for 20-25 minutes.