Asian Noodle Soup
- 2 cans ready-to-serve chicken broth - (14 oz ea)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely-chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely-chopped fresh ginger (or 1 tspn ground ginger)
- 4 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms cleaned, stems
- removed, caps thinly sliced - (abt 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 ounces angel hair pasta broken 2" pieces
- 3/4 cup shredded cooked chicken - (abt 4 oz)
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
In medium-sized saucepan, bring chicken broth, water, soy sauce, garlic and ginger to a simmer over medium heat. Add mushrooms, pasta, chicken and carrot; simmer until mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in sesame oil. Sprinkle with thinly sliced green onion, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings (about 5 3/4 cups).