Jerk Chicken Wings
Jerk chicken wings are perfect for summer grilling and make a great appetizer for parties. This is not a wing sauce but rather a marinade. If you have had jerk chicken before you would know it has a very unique flavor. Some of the interesting flavors in the marinade are ground cloves, nutmeg and allspice. The chicken wings can be marinated anywhere from 4 hours to overnight. If you want the best flavor I would recommend overnight. This is a very easy recipe, simple marinade the wings and then cook them on the grill. Enjoy.
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 6 green onions (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 jalapeño pepper (seeded and minced)
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1: In a food processor combine green onions, onion, jalapeño pepper, soy sauce, vinegar, vegetable oil, brown sugar, thyme, ground cloves, ground nutmeg and ground allspice. Blend until smooth.
2: Place chicken wings into a bowl and pour the marinade over the wings. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours to overnight.
3: Lightly grease grill grate. Place chicken wings onto the grill and cook turning as needed until chicken wings are fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees).
(Makes 4 Servings
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (809 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crazy Good Chicken Casserole 4.5/5 (383 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (378 Votes)