Mushroom And Broccoli Salad
- 1 pound broccoli
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms stemmed, quartered
- 4 ounces enoki mushrooms stems trimmed
- 1 cup thinly-sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
Cut broccoli flowerets into bite-sized pieces. Trim stems and slice into 1/4-inch slices. Steam over simmering water until tender but still crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Plunge into ice water to stop cooking and drain.
In large bowl, combine broccoli, mushrooms, and green onions. Mix vinegar with ginger, sugar, salt and pepper. Whisk in oils. Pour over vegetables and toss. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 8 servings.