Olive Garden's Alfredo Sauce
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup imported Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup imported Romano cheese, grated
- 6 egg yolks from fresh jumbo eggs
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
HEAT milk and cream in a heavy bottom saucepan until it begins to simmer. Turn off heat. Slowly whip in cheese, then remove from heat.
PLACE egg yolks in a separate bowl and slowly whip in a portion of the hot milk and cream mixture. Slowly add egg yolk mixture back into remaining cream mixture. Place back on very low heat and continually stir until simmering. Take sauce off heat so it thickens. (This will increase temperature of egg yolks, known as tempering).
SEASON to taste with salt and black pepper. Serve over your favorite pasta.
You'll also love
- Pasta Bolognese by Anne Burrell 4.6/5 (38 Votes)
- Cranberry White Chocolate Almond... 4.6/5 (43 Votes)
- Strawberry White Chocolate Trifle 4.5/5 (48 Votes)
- Roasted Corn and Lentil Salad with... 4.5/5 (48 Votes)
- Flat Belly - Creamy Broccoli Soup 4.6/5 (37 Votes)
- Jamie Oliver's Smoked Beets 5/5 (1 Votes)