Crispy Baked Chicken Leg Quarters
- 4 skin-on chicken leg quarters with bone
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dill weed, divided
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Line a large glass baking dish with foil.
3. Remove excess fat from chicken leg quarters.
4. Separate the skim from the chicken, taking care that the skin stays attached at most points on the chicken. (You just want a flap. Do not remove the skin.
5. Brush the chicken (under the skin) with soy sauce.
6. Sprinkle some garlic powder, seasoned salt and dill weed on the chicken under the skin (the 1 teaspoon measurements are estimated. Use as much or as little as you're comfortable with) and rub.
7. Arrange the leg quarters in the pan, skin side up, taking care not to crowd. They need space to cook properly.
8. Brush both sides of the leg quarters with soy sauce.
9. Sprinkle the skin with garlic powder, seasoned salt and dill weed (to taste).
10. Place on middle rack in oven and bake uncovered for an hour.
11. After an hour, increase oven temperature to 400 and bake 15 minutes.
12. Chicken is done when internal temp reaches 165 (insert meat thermometer at the thickest part of the breast, taking care not to touch the bone.)
13. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Chicken Rice-A-Roni Salad 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Chicken... 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Pappardelle with Chicken Liver,... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Donna Giblin's Artichoke Chicken 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Southwest Chicken and Rice Bake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Bourbon Mustard Chicken 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Roasted Lemon Chicken Legs... 3.1/5 (9 Votes)